Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Few Thoughts

Lately I have been feeling an overwhelming gratitude for the marvelous gifts God has placed in my life. One of the most precious feelings in the world is the confirmation that God is on our side and desires to bless and aide us. Over the last few years, I have had the opportunity to move around a lot. Everywhere I have gone I have been blessed with lasting friendships that I truly cherish. There have been so many people that have touched my life and made me want to be a better person. I truly love these relationships. Through them I feel a sense of the love our father in heaven has for us. I know he must love us with an incredible love and that is why he blesses us with one another, giving us friends and companions to help each other return to him. I am thankful for the many precious relationships I have been blessed with in my life and I am learning that they are what matters the very most. There is a perfect hymn that sums up my exact feelings. It is called "Each Life
That Touches Ours For Good". I heard it a long time ago at BYUI and it has always been one of my very favorites! Check it out!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7JPVPz9os&feature=related




 1. Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

2. What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

3. When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

4. For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior’s name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.




No comments:

Post a Comment