Thursday, August 9, 2012

4th of July in D.C.


The 4th of July this year was an amazing one! Mainly because my amazing family (minus my pops ) and Tyla Campbell came up here to visit us! We had such a great time just being together! They are just such great company and I can't wait to go home and live close to them again. Anyway, we decided to go into D.C. and visit the sites and monuments the day of the 4th. My friend, Miranda Drake also came with us! We rode to Metro into the city which is always a fun adventure. We did a lot of walking! We went to the American museum (where we saw the death mask of Abe Lincoln and the star spangled banner!) and then we went to the natural museum which has been my absolute favorite! The natural museum has a large variety of things in it from Egyptian mummies to deep sea creatures. SO cool! We also saw some of the monuments!  We visited the Washington monument, the Lincoln memorial and the Vietnam memorial. around 5 o'clock, Camp got off work for the night so we ended up coming back to Laurel to hang out with the working crew. It was a hard decision to leave D.C. and miss the amazing fireworks but it was getting pretty crowded and we would not have gotten back home until 3 a.m. and my mom had to leave back for S.C. by 1 a.m. It was a wonderful holiday! I am so thankful for the country I live in! I truly LOVE America!




Riding the Metro with My faves! (minus Camp who had to work)

My sweet bro, waiting on the metro

Pretty cool place!.....it's pretty smelly though

Excited to start the day

My wonderful Siblings, couldn't ask for anyone better

This was in the American Museum. I love this Statue. Washington is pointing the sword's handle out which is symbolic of him giving the power to the people. I love it. You can't tell through this picture but he was also sitting on a throne that was decorated with people throughout history who had great power.....Just a great symbol of George Washington's selflessness. This was the Original Washington Monument.  

This was a cool little place on the way to the Lincoln memorial. It's an awesome shot because you can see the Washington monument and the girls' are Repin' for SC. Sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment